WESTOVER AIR RESERVE BASE, Mass. – U.S. Navy officials announced that the service’s renowned Blue Angels air demonstration team will headline the 2015 Great New England Air Show.
The Blue Angels’ six F/A-18 Hornets will be part of the first air show at Westover in three years. It will also be the first time the Navy team has flown at Westover. Other aerial demonstration teams that have visited Westover have included the Air Force Thunderbirds, the Canadian Snowbirds, and the Italian team, Frecce Tricolori.
The 2015 show will also be part of marking Westover’s 75th anniversary. The Saturday portion will be held on Armed Forces Day.
ADMISSION IS FREE. There is no ticket, unless you are interested in purchasing a ticket to Friday's Air Show Kick-off Breakfast or Sunday's Premium Seating Chalet.
ON BASE PARKING IS FREE. No, there is no opportunity to buy a parking pass.
GATES OPEN AT 8:30AM.
OFFICIAL SHOW START TIME IS 10:00am.
A SCHEDULE OF ACTS WILL NOT BE POSTED. There will be planes flying and activities all day long. Plan to arrive early and spend the day.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT BRING IN.
For more information, contact the Westover Public Affairs Office at 413-557-2020.
AIRSHOW KICKOFF BREAKFAST
The Air Show Kick Off Breakfast has been a tradition at the Great New England Air Show for years. The Friday morning event starts bright and early at 7:30am with a hot breakfast buffet, speeches by the Westover Commander, Col. Albert Lupenski and other civic and military leaders, along with special guests. After breakfast, the hangar doors open and you are welcome to enjoy the show as our performers practice in the air above. Click here for more information and a link to buy tickets.
FOR THE FIRST TIME this year we are offering Premium Seating in the NEW FLIGHT LINE CHALET. This will make the Open House & Air Show experience truly a first class event. With this new viewing area, you will be sitting right on the flight line. Avoid the large crowds and guarantee yourself a great seat close to the flight line and enjoy a great show! Light breakfast, hot lunch and drinks included. Click for more information and a link to buy tickets.
Win a Ride on "Spooky" AC-47 Gunship
The Galaxy Community Council has launched a raffle fund raiser to
foster their support of the Great New England Air Show scheduled
for May 16 -17, 2015 at Westover Air Reserve Base. There will be five winning tickets drawn with each winner entitled to a ride on an AC-47 Gunship.This airplane was nicknamed "Spooky" and "Puff the Magic Dragon" was used extensively in Vietnam. in support of U.S ground forces.
Raffle tickets are $10.00 each with the drawing in May. Tickets can be purchased in person at;
TDS Sports Bar at 699 Grattan Street, Chicopee
733 Bar & Grill, 733 Chicopee Street, Chicopee
La Quinta Hotel front desk, 100 Congress Street, Springfield
Don Roy's Auto Body 1416 Granby Road, Chicopee
Tickets are also available by contacting the Galaxy Council at 413-279-4148 or by emailing [email protected] The Galaxy Council will also be selling tickets at the Big E Western Mass Home Show, March 26-29.
ATTENTION AIR SHOW SPONSORS
Sponsorship and Advertising
What better way to build brand awareness and, at the same time, foster community pride, than by partnering with one of America’s premier events? Sponsorships are available at varying levels to allow for a mix of companies or organizations to participate. The Great New England Air Show will customize an exciting sponsorship package that will meet your specific needs and budget. Get top value marketing and recognition for your firm...Call us today!
Why Partner with the Great New England Air Show?
• More than 300,000 air show attendees will see, hear and enjoy your sponsored attraction or specialty area
• Parking and admission are free to the public
• More than estimated 4 million media impressions including Web site hits, annually
• One of America’s premier aviation events located in the Northeastern United States
• Attractive attendee demographics with above average household income
• More than 30 air and ground displays providing first class entertainment for the entire family
• First class amenities and benefits for our sponsors…great fun for you and special guests!
Sponsorship Benefits Could Include
• Presenting naming rights of attraction or specialty area
• Advertising rights within air show media program
• On-site recognition through signage, professional announcements and promotional displays or kiosks
• Client or Employee Entertainment including VIP on-site parking and seating for you and your clients or employees.
• Pride of involvement in a patriotic and reputable event supporting the Men, Women and Mission of Westover Air Reserve Base.
Sponsorship Types Offered
• Lead Sponsor
• Various Sponsorship Levels
• Feature Attraction Sponsor
• On-site exhibit space available
• Company Chalets – We can handle groups from 50 to 2,000.
Contact us today and let’s discuss how we can help promote your business or organization.
Please contact Phil Pacific from ADC Group. Phil can be contacted at 972-540-1742 or e-mail at [email protected]
We look forward to working with you.
Attention FOOD and BEVERAGE providers:
Westover Services contracts all food & beverage out to a central vendor who will have exclusivity for ALL food and beverages at the Great New England Air Show.
The Galaxy Community Council has no authority to approve food and beverage vendors.